Cultural Policies and Management in Europe
AIMS AND GENERAL ORIENTATION
This course has a major professional orientation but it integrates research students in its second year of studies.
Its aim is to train high-level managers acting at European and international levels, who will have :
- a sound practical and theoretical knowledge of the European construction, notably as concerns the policies, funding and (administrative, financial and legal) management of culture
- a thorough knowledge of the professional resources and networks, acquired through the setting up of projects and during internships,
- a capacity to take initiative and master the know-how in the various contexts of cultural management in the public and private sectors.
FURTHER STUDIES AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES :
- High Schools (College of Europe in Bruges (Belgium), European University Institute of Florence),
- Competitive exams for local, national and international Civil Service ;
- Doctorate in sociology, political science and arts for the research profile
- Research and teaching careers ;
- Consultants, project leaders and policy officers in European or international organisations and organisms, observatories, think tanks and research centres
- Cultural managers (for French cultural centres and institutes abroad, arts and culture institutions in all domains : theatre, music, dance, plastic arts, audio-visual, in France or abroad and for international, national or local structures).
- International arts and culture directors, project leaders and policy officers
- External and public relations managers/officers in enterprises and cultural institutions
- Direction and management of private cultural enterprises (management, marketing, sponsoring, consultancy…).
- Journalism and treatment of European information.
- Consultants and policy managers in EU and international organisations and organisms for arts and culture
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND APPLICATION
MA 1st year : level of studies : bac + 3/Licence or equivalent foreign degrees (three years of university studies) in arts, human and social sciences…
MA 2nd year : level of studies : bac + 4 or equivalent foreign degrees. Qualifications in arts (École du Louvre), management (Sup de gestion, IEP-Institute of Political Studies and High Schools).
Validation of professional experience by equivalencies
Selection : on application form (on line), written exam and oral interview with the jury.
Number of places available : M1 : 40 - M2 : 40