The European Union and Globalisation
AIMS AND GENERAL ORIENTATION
This course has a major professional aim but it integrates research students in its second year of studies.
Its purpose is to give the students a thorough knowledge – including a critical approach – of the European construction, its history, institutions, processes and practical functioning as well as its relations with the rest of the world. The programme of studies also includes analysis of the socio-political changes generated by European integration and enhanced by globalisation, notably concerning the conception and nature of the state, public services, citizenship, democracy and its implementation, and the place and role of territories, local authorities, local government and decentralised cooperation
FURTHER STUDIES AND CAREER OPPORTUNITIES :
- High Schools (College of Europe in Bruges, ENA (National School of Administration), ESSEC Business School).
- Research and teaching careers ;
- Consultants, project leaders and policy officers in European or international organisations and organisms, observatories, think tanks and research centres ;
- Local, national and international civil service ;
- Services and organisms implementing EU regulations, policies and funding ;
- Journalism and treatment of European information.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND APPLICATION
MA 1st year : level of studies : Licence/bac +3 or equivalent foreign degrees (three years of university studies) in human and social sciences, international relations.
MA 2nd year : level of studies : bac + 4/maîtrise or equivalent foreign degrees in the same fields as above.
Selection : on application form (on line), written exam and oral interview with the jury.
Number of places available : M1 : 40 - M2 : 40